Stratio 0.9.1 release
We are proud to announce that Stratio 0.9.1 release is currently available. On May 2014 Stratio achieved the major milestone of releasing the first pure Spark and enterprise ready big data platform. But this was just the begining, the first step in a long journey. Just a couple of months later a new release is ready including a large amount of new features and improvements. Here are some highlights:
- Stratio ingestion module: this module collects, aggregates and moves into Stratio platform large amounts of data from log files. It’s based on Apache Flume.
- Stratio streaming engine: for real time data processing.
- Batch and streaming integration.
- Mesos cluster management: provides HA for Spark and improves resources usage and performance significantly.
- Stratio ODBC connector: allows external applications to connect to Stratio platform.
- Cassandra and MongoDB support: the Stratio core has been generalized in order to support different persistence engines. Currently Cassandra and MongoDB are available.
- Top-k queries in Cassandra.
- CentOs and RHEL: support for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, CentOs 6.5 and RHEL 6.5.
We are excited for being able to include all these features in the platform after just two months of development. Congrats to all the Stratio team for such a great job!
Stratio 0.9.1 is available for download at:
Now having the certainty that we are in the right way it is time to go on with our roadmap and continue pushing to get soon an even more impressive release.We should never forget that Stratio’s essence is innovation and our challenge is making big data a child’s play.